How do I connect to Virginia Tech wireless eduroam? How do I connect to Wi-fi (sometimes called Wifi) at Virginia Tech?
Virginia Tech Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Connect your device to the VirginiaTech network.
- If a Web browser does not automatically open, go to the wireless portal at: https://guestmanager.cns.vt.edu/guest/launch.php.
- Click the Student / Faculty / Staff icon.
- Follow the prompts to connect to eduroam using your email address (PID@vt.edu) and your network password.
Your network password is different from your PID password.
- If asked to accept a certificate, follow the prompts to accept / install the certificate. Some examples are shown in the images below.
If that does not work:
- Students should verify that you are registered by logging on to the Customer OnLine Access (COLA) Web site, and looking for Wireless Service as being Active, as shown in the screenshot below. If you do not see Active, follow the instructions at Registering Online for Wireless LAN Service.
(Remote Access - VPN being active is a separate and distinct item.)
- Change your network password by following the instructions at Create or Change Network Password / Forgot Network Password.
- Wait 30 minutes for the new network password to sync.
- Connect your device to the VirginiaTech network, go to the wireless portal at: https://guestmanager.cns.vt.edu/guest/launch.php, click the Student / Faculty / Staff icon, and follow the wizard to connect to eduroam. Repeat until your device is connected.
- If you still cannot get connected, see Manually Connecting to Virginia Tech Wireless eduroam.
The eduroam wireless network is provided to visitors from other participating institutions at your own risk and with no guarantee that the service will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose. You are bound to your home institutions acceptable use policy.
If your home institution participates with eduroam, contact your home institution for instructions, configuration settings, and support.