How do I create, obtain, or get a Full Exchange account on the Virginia Tech Exchange server?
Full Exchange accounts integrate email, appointments, tasks, contacts, and public folders in one comprehensive location.
- If you do not already have a Hokies ID, follow the instructions at Getting or Creating a Hokies Account.
- After creating your Hokies ID, wait 15 minutes.
- In Firefox or Internet Explorer, go to the ADadmin Web site. After clicking the link, you will experience a brief redirect.
- If prompted, log on with your Hokies ID (which is the same as your PID) and Hokies ID (Exchange) password. (If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions at Forgot Hokies ID Password.)
- If you have previously enrolled in 2-factor authentication (2FA), follow the on-screen instructions to complete authentication with your second factor. (For more information and instructions on 2-factor, see the University 2-Factor Authentication Web site.)
- In the left menu pane, click the Messaging / Collaboration ink.
- Under Messaging / Collaboration, click the Add Exchange Mailbox link.
- To the right of Exchange Mailbox Types Available: from the drop-down list, select Full Exchange Mailbox.
- Click the Add Full Exchange Mailbox button.
- Click OK to confirm your mailbox creation.
- When the creation is finished, click OK.
- Wait 20 minutes for your account to be synchronized with the servers before trying to access your Exchange account in any way.