When I try to create my PID, I keep getting the "Sorry, we weren't able to identify you" error message. What should I do?
- If you are a student or an alum who graduated before 1977, send an email message to the Registrar's Office or call (540) 231-6252.
- If you are an alum who graduated after 1977, verify that you entered your information accurately into the PID generation tool. Verify that you entered your full first name and Virginia Tech ID number. If all the information you entered is accurate, send an email message to the Alumni Association or call (540) 231-6285.
- If you are an employee, your personal information may not have been entered into Banner yet, or you did not enter your information into the PID generation tool as it appears in Banner. In either case, contact your departmental Human Resources representative.
- If you are an incoming student and receive an error message saying that your Virginia Tech ID number is invalid, you must wait 24 to 48 hours after paying your matriculation fee to create your PID. It takes 24 to 48 hours for your payment to be processed.
- If you are an incoming student and receive an error message saying that you are entering incorrect information, verify your information by contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (540) 231-6267 (8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday).
- If you are incoming student and are locked out because of too many failed attempts at PID creation: