- Why is My Hokies ID Username in the Form: anon000000? Why is My Hokies Account Anonymous?
- I Forgot My anon Username
- How Do I Determine Who anon000000 Is?
- Sponsored Hokies Accounts
Why is My Hokies ID Username in the Form: anon000000? Why is My Hokies Account Anonymous?
Students who use HokieSPA to enable student confidentiality and mark their entire student record as confidential will be assigned a Hokies ID with the username in the format of anon000000. If you set your account to confidential, the data in your Hokies account will immediately be hidden from view, and you will receive an automated email confirmation.
I Forgot My anon Username
If you are a student and you forgot your anonymous Hokies ID username, call 4Help at (540) 231-4357 for assistance. Please have your Virginia Tech 90- ID number available to verify your identity.
How Do I Determine Who anon000000 Is?
If you receive a SharePoint invitation or request for access from an anonymous ID, to find out who that person is:
- You must be Virginia Tech faculty or staff to do this. Graduate and undergraduate students will have to contact Virginia Tech faculty or staff for assistance.
- In Firefox or Internet Explorer, go to the ADadmin Web site.
- If prompted, log on with your Hokies ID (which is the same as your PID) and Hokies ID (Exchange) password.
(If you have forgotten your password, follow the instructions at Forgot Hokies ID Password.)
- If you have previously enrolled in 2-factor authentication, follow the on-screen instructions to complete authentication with your second factor.
(For more information on 2-factor, see the University 2-Factor Authentication Web site.)
- In the left menu column, click the Persons menu.
- In the left menu column, click the View Other Person link.
- Above the Person: search box, select the Confidential Search tab.
- After carefully reading the FERPA agreement, click the Accept button.
- In the Person: text box, type the anonymous Hokies ID username or the PID of the person you want to find.
- Click the Search button.
- In the search results, you can view the PID, anonymous Hokies ID, and name of the person in the third, fourth, and fifth columns.
- When you are finished, log out of ADadmin.
Sponsored Hokies Accounts
Now that students are in the Active Directory, the only reason for students to have a sponsored Hokies account would be for the students to have an Exchange account.